joimax® EndoTrainer Plus – Simulator for endoscopic access to the lumbar spine in prone and lateral patient position
With the joimax® EndoTrainer Plus, the transforaminal surgical technique TESSYS® and the interlaminar surgical technique iLESSYS® can be trained in prone or in lateral patient position. Under realistic conditions and constant monitoring via the navigation software, the fluoroscopic technique can be learned.
The joimax® EndoTrainer Plus consists of a navigation camera, a laptop with application software, a torso-model and all accessories.
Advantages of the EndoTrainer Plus for the surgeon
- Important tool to virtually learn the transforaminal and interlaminar endoscopic access to the lumbar spine
- Realistic sensory feedback for enhanced learning
- The entire OR team can be trained for endoscopic spine surgery
The correct positioning of the needle
Placing the needle is fundamental for a successful endoscopic spine surgery! Through repeated practice of the needle positioning, the surgeon receives experience of the TESSYS® and the iLESSYS® procedure. Through this system, the user receives feedback of the needle tip position via fluoroscopy and live image.
Real tactile feedback
Synthetic materials, which are very similar to human skin, muscles and osseous spine, are used in the torso model. The user receives a realistic tactile feedback while placing the needle, dilatating and reaming the intervertebral foramen, and introducing the instruments.
The planning of the access to the intervertebral or interlaminar foramen with the joimax® needle technique can be displayed in lateral, AP, axial and in 3D model view.
Selection of the views, as well as further menu adjustments, are done via the control window.
Live cam window
For viewing the position of the inserted needle/rod tip.
Virtual rotatable spine and transparent viewable torso allows a full 360° overview.
Optical warning system
Assistance in the danger zone: If the access instruments are getting too close to the spinal cord, the color display of the dura changes from Green to Yellow, while touching the dura it changes to Red.
While activating the x-ray button, a snapshot is simulated which displays the actual position of the needle via C-Arm image, selecting between the levels of L1-L3, L4/L5 or L5/S1.
Field of application of the EndoTrainer Plus
- Alternative and complementary to human specimen
- Quick and easy visualization of TESSYS® and iLESSYS® surgical techniques
- Part of training in human specimen workshop
- Practice and training for surgeons, e.g. right before surgery
- Education of OR team, sales and application specialists
- Demonstration at congresses and workshops
- Tactile feedback through utilization of close to natural materials
- Live viewing via navigation window
- View selections via the control window
- Optical warning system while approximation to the spinal cord
- Virtual rotatable 3D spine
- Real image of the needle position via Mini Live Cam
- Snapshot function simulates a C-arm exposure in all different sections/levels of the lumbar spine
EndoTrainer Plus consists of
- Navigation camera
- Laptop with navigation software
- Torso with changable position in prone, lateral left and lateral right
- Real spine model plus replaceable tissue insert
- Mini Live Cam for displaying the real needle position
- joimax® Instrument set, consisting of navigation pointer, needle, guiding rod, reamer and working tube
- Calibration tools for easy set up