joimax® EndoTrainer Plus – Simulator for endoscopic access to the lumbar spine in prone and lateral patient position
With the joimax® EndoTrainer® Plus, a simulator for endoscopic access to the lumbar spine in the prone and lateral position, the transforaminal surgical technique TESSYS® and the interlaminar surgical technique iLESSYS® can be trained directly at your hospital site. Under realistic conditions and constant monitoring by the navigation software, surgery accompanying X-rays can be simulated.
The joimax® EndoTrainer Plus consists of a navigation camera, a laptop with application software, a torso-model and all accessories.
Advantages of the EndoTrainer Plus for the surgeon
- Important tool for learning the transforaminal and interlaminar endoscopic
- Approach to the lumbar spine
- Realistic sensory feedback for improved learning
- The ability to train your entire OR team under real conditions at your
own clinic (in the operating room or separate room)
The correct positioning of the needle
The placement of the needle is fundamental for a successful endoscopic spinal procedure. With the EndoTrainer® Plus, the user receives
feedback on the position of the needle tip via the live image from the Mini Cam. Repeated practice of needle positioning increases the surgeon‘s confidence and overall experience.
Real tactile feedback
The torso model uses synthetic materials that closely resemble human skin, muscles and osseous spine. The user receives realistic tactile feedback when placing the needle, dilating and reaming the intervertebral foramen,
and inserting the instruments.
Access planning to the intervertebral foramen or the interlaminaris foramen using the joimax® technique can be displayed in lateral, AP, axial and 3D model views.
The selection of the views as well as further settings are made via the menu navigation.
The virtually rotatable spine and the transparently displayable torso
allows a complete 360° overview.
OPTICAL AND ACOUSTIC WARNING SYSTEM
If instruments get too close to risk structures (e.g. the spinal cord), the
color display of the dura changes from green to yellow and a warning
tone sounds. If the dura is touched, the color indicator changes to red
and the frequency of the warning tone increases.
Activating the X-Ray button simulates an X-ray image that
shows the actual position of the instruments in the virtual
X-ray image. Thus, the planes L1-L3, L4/L5 or L5/S1 can be
- Complement to human preparations
- Quick and easy visualization of TESSYS® and iLESSYS® surgical techniques
- Training and planning tool for surgeons, e.g. shortly before surgery
- Training of the surgical team as well as sales
and application specialists
- For demonstration purposes at congresses and workshops
THE FUNCTIONS AT A GLANCE
- Tactile feedback
- Live display (mini-cam/endoscope)
- Selectable views
- Optical and acoustic warning system
- Virtually rotatable 3D spine
- X-Ray function for X-Ray simulation
THE EndoTrainer Plus SIMULATOR INCLUDES:
- Navigation camera
- Laptop with navigation software
- Torso with variable position in prone, lateral left and lateral right position
- Spine model with interchangeable tissue inserts
- Mini Live Cam for displaying the actual instrument position
- joimax® instrument set, consisting of navigation pointer, needle, guiding rod, reamer and working tube
- Calibration tools for easy instrument registration
- joimax® EndoTrainer® Foraminoscope® for endoscopic live cam view