Electromagnetic navigation system for endoscopic minimally invasive spine surgery
Integrated Navigation Tracking & Control System
Electromagnetic Navigation – intuitive and safe
Intracs® em – The smart navigation system is based on electromagnetic tracking. Navigating the sensor tip makes it particularly suitable for an easy access to any spinal target.
To reach outstanding accuracy, the instruments are tracked directly at the tip. Therefore, bending of needles or other slightly flexible instruments will not affect the precision of the navigation.
- Intracs® em Navigation System can be integrated in the joimax® Endoscopic Tower or used as a stand-alone solution.
- Existing installations can be easily upgraded.
- The high-quality medical grade PC with 22“ touch display is completely sealed and, therefore, easy to clean and disinfect.
- The Intracs® em Field Generator is mounted onto the specially designed Intracs® em Mounting Arm.
- Most of the joimax® instruments are navigated with highest accuracy through various Intracs® em sensors. As a result, the procedure can be carried out without constant X-ray control. Intervention time and radiation exposure are drastically reduced.
Intracs® em Panel PC
The Patient Mapper allows the registration of the real patient anatomy into the virtual environment of the navigation system, regardless of the C-arm model.
Guiding Rod Navi
Intracs® em Workflow
The instrument registration takes place automatically within the sterile patient environment. All steps are carefully described and monitored.
The navigated instruments, such as a needle or endoscope, are detected automatically and registered without any additional tools.
Step 2 – Patient registration
Automatic C-arm detection ensures accurate patient registration
Step 3 – Automatic calculation of registration accuracy
Patient registration via X-ray
Error: mean: 0.2 mm, max: 0.3 mm
Step 4 – Detection of navigated instruments
Automatic instrument detection and intuitive registration without additional tools
Step 5 – Navigation of joimax® instruments
Navigated needle + reamer (multiple instruments applicable at the same time)
Navigation of the endoscope
Navigated endoscope (1 + 2 view)
Intracs® em is not yet FDA cleared, registration is in progress.