SPASYTM - minimally invasive Balloon Kyphoplasty System
Balloon Kyphoplasty is a minimally invasive percutaneous method for stabilizing the spine. It offers a good alternative for patients who fail to respond to the traditional approaches of bedrest, analgesics, and back braces.
The SPASY™ Kyphoplasty System helps to restore some of the height loss because of fracture and reduces the angle of the deformity.
What makes SPASYTM Balloon Kyphoplasty System unique?
- Easy handling of the instruments through color-code
- Stable and impact resistant handles on working cannulas and starter needles which lie comfortable in the hand
- joimax® recommends the spine bone cement Kyverment®, a radiopaque PMMA cement developed for use in bones and especially in vertebral bodies
- Single components and special sets are available on request
- Hands-On product training on request
Advantages of the method
• Vertebral compression fracture
• Metastatic bone tumor
• Infection of the fractured vertebra
• Severe hemorrhagic diathesis
• Known allergies to the cement
• ASA score: 4
Advantages for the patients
• Minimally invasive spine surgery
• Fast pain relief
• Safe application of bone cement
• Local anesthesia
• Fast recovery